欢迎来到 KIWI 首页 编辑
openSUSE KIWI 镜像构建系统是一个完整的为 linux 支持的硬件平台，诸如 Xen、Qemu或者 VMware 的开放式镜像系统构建工具。
使用 KIWI 你可以
- 制作一个包含你所需应用程序的 liveCD 或 liveDVD；
- 创建一个 VMware 应用；
- 创建一个便携式的 live USB 镜像；
- 创建一个像 openSUSE Medical 的全新 openSUSE 项目；
The easy recipes provided below allow you to copy & paste the commands to a terminal in an effort to help you to get started quickly with KIWI
Q: Can i build a SLE10 image with openSUSE 11.1?
Sure, but you need the right tools also installed on you build system and the repositories for SLE10 (DVD/iso/...)
Zypper from SLE10 is too old and does not provide the features we need. So you must use smart as packagemanager in your config.xml
In order to use it, you must install smart in you build system.
So please add the repository to your system http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/smart and install smart into your system.
If you are use kiwi version < 3.60 and use ext3 as filesystem, you must use a different inode size, because openSUSE 11.1 uses a different one as SLE10.
Tip: Use the SLES10 JeOS template as basis for your build
If you would like requesting enhancements, reporting bugs or submitting patches, then please visit http://bugzilla.novell.com and enter the following data
- Classification: All
- Product: openSUSE.org
- Component: System Imaging
- Summary : "kiwi: <summarize your report here>"
and your description.
Please also look at http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Submitting_bug_reports for details about submitting bugs.
Here a convenient URL to file a new KIWI bug (with the settings above)
Related Points to be noted
- Developers firstname.lastname@example.org
- Users email@example.com
- IRC: #opensuse-kiwi on irc.freenode.net
Projects using KIWI
- SUSE Studio uses Kiwi as backend. It provides a web interface for creating custom Linux, fast and easy, in your browser.
- The Open Build Service
- LTSP5 on openSUSE LTSP
- SUSE Linux Point of Service uses Kiwi together with the YaST-based Image Creator frontend to build OS images for Point of Service terminals.
- YaST module providing GUI for kiwi is called Image Creator.
Products built with Kiwi
- IBM Smart Analytics System 5710 uses KIWI to produce an automated deployment toolkit to provide faster time-to-value for partners and clients.
Other places where KIWI has been used
- Beineri: KDE Four Live
- duncanmv: Helping create a test environment for Linux
- dl9pf: openSUSE buildservice VMware image
- Kolab on openSUSE SDB:Kolab
- LimeJeos on openSUSE LimeJeos. A linux minimal edition just enough operating system for building software appliances on top of openSUSE.
- cgoncalves: openSUSE 11.0 KDE3 LiveCDs
- Dell Blog: Dell TechCenter Blogs